Does Your Insurance Cover Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Accidents?

In Texas, drivers are required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, which covers the cost of injuries caused by an accident. PIP insurance assumes another driver's involvement in the crash and that the other driver has enough insurance to cover the victim's injuries.

If the other driver doesn't have insurance or doesn't have enough to cover the full extent of your injuries, you could end up paying huge out-of-pocket expenses. Helping you understand your insurance policy and your coverage is where a skilled personal injury lawyer like me, Jessica Taylor, comes in.

Understanding Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Uninsured motorist coverage (UM) and underinsured motorist coverage (UIM) are policies that can be purchased in addition to PIP coverage. As their titles suggest, UM and UIM policies cover the cost of damages when a driver does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance.

Medical costs associated with personal injury cases involving motor vehicle collisions can be steep and often include hospital bills, medical supplies, doctor's visits, prescription medication, physical therapy and other medical expenses.

PIP coverage isn't always enough in crashes involving uninsured and underinsured motorists. UM/UIM insurance is often needed to cover the full extent of damages.

Address Insurance Bad Faith And Insurance Agent Negligence

Insurance companies are businesses that often care more about their bottom line than giving you the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses after a car accident. I know this because I used to work for insurance companies before starting The Law Office of Jessica Taylor, PLLC.

I know the tactics insurers use to invalidate a claim and avoid paying you the compensation you deserve. I know when an insurer has committed bad faith insurance and I can identify when an insurance agent was negligent in their duty and failed to offer or provide you with the correct amount of insurance you need. I know how to take legal action to hold insurers and their agents responsible for their actions.

Put My Services To Good Use

If you or a loved one suffered injuries because of an uninsured or underinsured motorist, talk to me, attorney Jessica Taylor. I can help you understand your insurance policy and file a claim. If litigation is necessary, I will use my experience and skill to secure the best possible outcome.

Contact my office in San Antonio to schedule a free initial consultation. Call 210-265-6759 or contact me online to get started.